Keys to Getting the Most out of Your Ministry
Knowledge is Pointless Without a Relationship
1. GOD IS A GOOD FATHER. He wants a viable, constant, ever-speaking, ever-revealing, and truth-centered relationship to you more than anything. He will never force Himself or His gifts upon you in this relationship. Jesus has everything you could ever ask or hope for in this life. (You have not because you ask not. James 4:1-3)
Jesus holds all the stuff. He will not force you to take it. If you want or need something, ask for it. He will not give it to you if you have wrong motives or cannot handle it.
2. YOUR VISION AND MINDSET of God, His Word, His Voice, and the potential of your ministry are all too small. Pray for God to increase your faith, knowledge, and application. Ps. 147:5
3. The Bible is God’s Perfect Word to us. Human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit, wrote it. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because God inspires it, it is the truth without any mixture of error. 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
4. We must overcome a lack of faith tendency of not BELIEVING enough. Matt. 17:20
5. We must overcome pride and fear that leads to us to NOT ASK FOR ENOUGH. Matt. 7:7-11
6. Be careful not to “Spiritualize Scripture" and miss the intended meaning. Instead, literally believe it and live out what it says. James 1:5-8.
7. The Gospel is information, demonstration, and authority. To not utilize all three components lessens the effectiveness of your ministry. Luke 4:36
8. The Holy Spirit teaches us how to understand the Bible. All believers from every class of society and every education level can understand the Bible because Jesus came for the poor, uneducated, and ordinary people. 1 Cor. 2:14, 1 Cor. 1:18-31, Acts 4:13, Matthew 11:5, Luke 4:18.
9. Remember that the Salvation of Souls is the purpose of Jesus coming, living, dying and resurrecting. Do not minimize the Christian life and purpose of the church to only growing deep and getting believers discipled because people are not getting saved in your ministry. Stay mission-focused instead of turning inward.
10. The spirit-realm is just as real as the physical-realm we live in. Believers are citizens of the Kingdom of God. Non-believers belong to the kingdom of this world. Angels, demons, spiritual warfare, God’s will, and Satan’s will are all present realities. Greater is Jesus who is in you than Satan who is in the world.